Mission Statement: The mission of the Diocese of Trenton in Science education is to honor, vivify, and nurture the innate natural curiosity of all students in the Catholic school communities. Flowing out of the Mission Statement are the following goals and objectives:
- To teach science as inquiry learning.
- To foster an understanding and appreciation of the interrelationships among species and ecosystems.
- To help students to develop attitudes and behaviors that will impact positively on the world outside their classrooms.
- To provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to analyze information, make informed decisions and take actions that address real world issues of sustainable development and environmental ethics.
- To improve methods of assessing student learning in science.
- To develop a plan to integrate science throughout the curriculum and to ensure the appropriate articulation between levels.
- To support the use of computer technology, including the Internet.
- To support the professional development of all teachers.
- To self-evaluate and update the science curriculum on a continuing basis.