Language Arts Goals
All students will:
- value literature, especially the Gospels, and use it in daily life.
- choose reading materials that are suitable for an intended purpose and evaluate the accuracy of these materials.
- acquire and apply reading skills and understand symbolism in word.
- develop a love for reading and become life-long readers.
- write concisely and cohesively within the framework of a given topic in all curricula areas as well as in real life situations.
- value writing and understand its importance and impact in their daily lives.
- choose and use appropriate written format that clearly communicates the intended message.
- articulate and apply oral communication skills.
- articulate reflective responses that incorporate Catholic/Christian beliefs and values.
- confidently communicate in small and large groups.
- actively listen.
- listen so as to understand another person's viewpoint.
- follow oral directions.
- access, view, evaluate, and respond to print and non-print resources in order to promote truth, justice, freedom, and solidarity.